The Informer
Large Boulder Badly Damages House In Springs

Large Boulder Badly Damages House I…

One house in Springs, St....

Beauregard United Sports Club Pays Tribute

Beauregard United Sports Club Pays …

One of Grenada’s most vib...

House Collapses Leaving Two Homeless

House Collapses Leaving Two Homeles…

Martin Smith of the Limes...

Lindon Victor to compete in the  2017 OECS Athletic Championship

Lindon Victor to compete in the 20…

The 2017 OECS Athletic Ch...

Barnacle Awards Students

Barnacle Awards Students

The Barnacle Newspaper ha...

Border And Customs Security Training Held

Border And Customs Security Trainin…

Strengthening Caricom to ...

Jamaican stars music video with Grenadian actors

Jamaican stars music video with Gre…

Jeggae in the Reggae; thi...

A New Young Female Calypso Talent

A New Young Female Calypso Talent

Another young talent has ...

HOPE Programme Finally Launched

HOPE Programme Finally Launched

It’s the beginning of a n...

Grenada Retains ECCD OECS  U23 netball championship title

Grenada Retains ECCD OECS U23 netb…

The Grenada Under-Twenty-...

Prev Next

Solid Waste Worker Charged With Manslaughter on $20,000 Bail

  • Written by  Davis Joseph
Solid Waste Worker Charged With Manslaughter on $20,000 Bail

Police has finally made a breakthrough in the matter surrounding the death of Pearls resident Lawson John alias Johnny and a Telescope St. Andrew man has been arrested and charged with his death and is now booked to answer manslaughter charges. 

Kingsley Noel of Telescope St. Andrew a solid waste worker, was arrested on Saturday and made his first court appearance at the Grenville Magistrate Court on Monday and was charged with manslaughter. 

The charge read to him state; that on Saturday 11th July on Chapel Road in Grenville, he committed manslaughter by causing the death of Lawson John by unlawful harm; he was not required to plead as the matter is an indictable one. 

Representing the accused, attorney at law Peter David requested bail for his client and also requested disclosure.

 David also told the court that his client does not have any conviction as this is his first appearance before a court.

The prosecutor did not object to bail and therefore bail was granted to the accused in the amount of twenty thousand dollars with two sureties.

 He is also to report to the Grenville Police Station once a week between 8am – 4pm and would return to court at a later date.

 The accused was detained following the death of the deceased but was later released pending investigations into the matter. 

 According to a police officer the reason why the accused stayed over two months after being detained before being arrested and charged for an offense of that nature, is because the police had to wait on a report from the Director of Public Prosecution’s (DPP) office, before the charges could have been laid.

One of the sisters of the deceased who stood up from the time of the death of her brother, spoke to Informer sometime ago and she  emphasized  that the person responsible for her brother’s death will be charged and  must be brought to justice.

Lawson sustained a number of injuries after allegedly receiving a severe beating; he was rushed to the Princess Alice Hospital and later to the General Hospital where he eventually died.


Login to post comments
back to top


Local News

About Us

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Follow Us